Demonstrations



Many schools have special days when they bring in artists from the community to demonstrate their craft. I offer an exciting and informative presentation about the Bagpipes and Scottish culture. After playing some traditional music and some familiar music on the pipes, I go on to explain how they work and what they are made of.

Bagpipe bags, reeds and other items are passed around for the children to touch and examine. I wear the traditional Scottish kilt and discuss the history of the kilt, tartans and different articles worn: kilt, sporran, etc.

I have presented programs to adults and children as young as 4 and up, and tailor my presentation to the age of the group. I have also presented demonstrations and lectures for adults who are interested in learning more about the instrument. Several kinds of pipes can also be included in the demonstrations.

Rates for these services vary with location and length of performance, please contact me for details.